More for my own benefit than for any passers-by, today’s entry is a review of what I have achieved in Gaming this year and what I need to get happening!!!
- Run Little Wars Adelaide. Done! And done very successfully I might add. It was exhausting and consumed most of my conscious thought for a few months, but the show went off like a rocket and everyone seemed to have good time.
- Paint 2 squads of British Expeditionary Force troops. Hmm, not quite so done. I have completed 5 figures out of 20.
- Paint 3 squads of early war German Heer. Mmm, even less done. Only 5 out of 30 – ok, that’s a priority.
- Make a serious start on my Atomic Sunset rulebook. This one is looking large in my consciousness at the moment, as I really want to do something with the idea before someone else does.
- Collaborate with Andrew on his hard sci-fi rule book. Actually, this is going well. Andrew has made a lot of progress, and now that I have finally decided that I will commit to it, I’m finding I am excited about contributing to it and am coming up with good ideas. I’ve even started making the terrain for a demonstration game – the flooded ruins of Old Miami
- Rivendell model. I made a start at least, but the project got put on the back burner once Little Wars started to approach and my time was heavily mortgaged (to misquote Tolkein).
- Nafferton Church model and dice tower Er, yeah. Not even started this one.
- Start a D&D campaign. Started one (and had a ball), and I still plan on running further sessions when my family congregates in January. But by then I need several more figures painted, a number of encounters and a reasonably well developed plot-point campaign. Loads of work to do on this yet. But I have started.
Finger extracting time!